Building and Designing Your Course Bundle
Learn how to test your recipes and turn them into a published cookbook that you can market and sell!
Have you ever wondered about turning your recipes into a physical book that people can buy, but maybe the thought of figuring out how to develop a cookbook totally overwhelms you.
- How do I plan out and create recipes for my book?
- How do I test the recipes and make sure they will work in everyone's kitchen?
- How do I photograph my food?
- How do I get a barcode/actually sell the book?
- There are so many colors and fonts out there? How do I choose?
- How do I use this crazy InDesign publishing software?
- How do I design a cover?
I hear you! That used to be me about a year ago, when my own cookbook: Everyday Sous Vide: It's All French To Me was just an idea in my head.
But now my book is out in the world and I want to show you exactly how you can create and craft your own cookbook!
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $0
In Building Your Cookbook, you will learn:
Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Learn how to get organized, use a project management tool, and create a timeline so you actually finish your book!
- Budgeting: Learn the details of exactly what it costs to publish your own cookbook and where you'll be spending your money
Lesson 2 – Determine your Topic
- Choosing a highly specific niche for your cookbook
- Learn how to use Google Analytics to think through topics
- Learn how to get feedback from your audience and gauge excitement for your topic
Lesson 3 – Book Structure
- How to outline your cookbook
- Learn how to save money and time by determining what you actually want in your book
- Learn cost vs. benefit of exactly what should be included in your book, based on POD (print on demand) standards
Lesson 4 - Recipe Development
- Develop recipes fit for a cookbook
- Learn how to test your recipes and make sure anyone can cook them
- My guide to creating a testing group and receive specific feedback from recipe testers
Lesson 5 - Photography
- Planning shoots for maximum efficiency
- Thinking through the types of photos you'll want to include
Lesson 6 - Writing Your Book
- Learn how to actually write a cookbook
- Talking about cookbook structure
- Learn how to find and work with an editor
Lesson 7 - Polish and Fine Tune
- My strategies for catching ALL the errors and thoroughly editing
- Checking for any final layout and design flaws before pressing go
Lesson 8 - Publish your book!
- Learn how to get an ISBN number/barcode for your book
- Self-publishing platforms and how to choose one
In addition to the course, I'm dishing up all my resources, including:
- A workbook
- A royalties calculator
- Recipe feedback form template
- Shot list template
- Recipe status tracker
In Designing Your Cookbook, you will learn:
How to Create Your Brand
- Learn how to discover your brand and create a cohesive style for your book
- Color theory and font choice
- How to create a vision board for your book
- How to make sure your book stays on brand
How to Design Your Book
- How to design your book for publishing with our InDesign Template - This template makes the design process super easy and I'll walk you through how to stylize your text, add photos, and export the book so you can publish it!
- How to design a cover for your book that looks professional, even if you have zero design knowledge
- How to design a book that will capture interest and keep people reading
- Step by step video tutorials in Adobe InDesign - Even if you have never used InDesign before I'll show you everything you need to know to create your book and get it ready to be printed
- How to brand your photography to match the book
- What shots you'll need for your cover and recipes
In addition to the course, I'm including these free resources:
- Indesign Template - This template will make your book a reality! Instead of creating your book from scratch you can drop your photos and text into my template and have a professional cookbook! If you're feeling a little overwhelmed by software, don't worry! I'll walk you through exactly how to use the software and create your book.
- A mini branding photography course on how to stylize your photos and take better photos. This will ensure your food looks just as good as it tastes!