Designing Your Cookbook
Learn how to design your cookbook for publishing
So you finally managed to write your cookbook and it is filled to the brim with amazing recipes that you adore, but now you're wondering how do you actually make the thing look like you know... a real book?
You might be wondering:
- There are so many colors and fonts out there? How do I choose?
- How do I use this crazy InDesign publishing software?
- How do I design a cover?
I'm here to help! With over 10 years of experience as a designer, food stylist, and photographer I know how to make food look pretty.
In this class you will learn:
How to Create Your Brand
- Learn how to discover your brand and create a cohesive style for your book
- Color theory and font choice
- How to create a vision board for your book
- How to make sure your book stays on brand
How to Design Your Book
- How to design your book for publishing with our InDesign Template - This template makes the design process super easy and I'll walk you through how to stylize your text, add photos, and export the book so you can publish it!
- How to design a cover for your book that looks professional, even if you have zero design knowledge
- How to design a book that will capture interest and keep people reading
- Step by step video tutorials in Adobe InDesign - Even if you have never used InDesign before I'll show you everything you need to know to create your book and get it ready to be printed
- How to brand your photography to match the book
- What shots you'll need for your cover and recipes
In addition to the course, I'm including these free resources:
- Indesign Template - This template will make your book a reality! Instead of creating your book from scratch you can drop your photos and text into my template and have a professional cookbook! If you're feeling a little overwhelmed by software, don't worry! I'll walk you through exactly how to use the software and create your book.
- A mini branding photography course on how to stylize your photos and take better photos. This will ensure your food looks just as good as it tastes!
Carly Jayne is an accidental food stylist, photographer, and designer that lives in Portland OR with her kids, food loving dog, and husband. She has been fascinated by both food styling tricks and photography since she was a kid, so in hindsight, her job shouldn't be so much of a surprise. She makes pretty food that tastes terrible and delicious food that looks ugly. You can follow her musings on IG @lovelikesalt